My School – My WEEE
The 3-day environmental workshop was held in Cali, Colombia January 16-18, 2013, and had a total of 33 participants. The importance of the workshop was to develop and implement a process of awareness and training with adolescents which promotes new practices of environmental conservation through the RAEE methodology.
PCI Media Impact collaborated with the Universidad Autónoma de Occidente and other middle schools in the area to teach the methodology of E-E. This radio drama, produced and written by middle school students, will be in production by May and on air by June. The university students, professors and middle school students are now aware of environmental issues and electronics.
Some of the main issues identified and addressed in the workshop were:
- Consumption of electronic and electrical devices
- Not knowing how to dispose of them
- The damaging effects that electronic waste could have on their health
A total of 33 University students, professors and middle school students participated in the 3-day training workshop on E-E.
The program aims to:
- Decrease the “buy, use, throw away” cycle of cell phones, computers and laptops
- Teach middle school students the importance of recycling these materials
- Reach an audience in Cali who will learn and act in a positive way from this radio drama
BodyLove is a radio drama that tackles common health issues and targets African American women over the age of 35 in Alabama. Alabama is the second most obese state and has the highest rate of diabetes. Tune into BodyLove, drama that’s good for you. It just might save your life.